ASTM Plumbing Systems Solvent Weld
|Material ||Unplasticized PVC - U.V. Stabilized.|
|Standards ||Pipes - Schedule 40 and 80 AS per ASTM D - 1785 (Plain ended)|
Fittings - Schedule 80 - As per ASTM D - 2467
|Working Temperature ||Up to 60 C - Continuous|
Up to 90 C - Short time up to 3 mins.
|Test ||Tested for potable water supply under guidelines of|
IS - 4985 for Pipes
IS - 7834 - for Fittings
Dimension and water pressure rating at 23 C for solvent weld pipes as per ASTM D-1785
|Nominal Bore ||Outside |
|Schedule 40 ||Schedule 80|
|(Inch) ||(mm) ||(mm) ||kg/cm ||(mm) ||kg/cm|
|1/2" ||21.34 +- 0.10 ||2.77 + 0.51 ||41.4 ||3.73 + 0.51 ||50.6|
|3/4" ||26.67 +- 0.10 ||2.87 + 0.51 ||33.1 ||3.91 + 0.51 ||47.6|
|1" ||33.40 +- 0.13 ||3.38 + 0.51 ||31.0 ||4.55 + 0.53 ||43.4|
|11/4" ||42.16 +- 0.13 ||3.56 + 0.51 ||25.5 ||4.85 + 0.58 ||35.0|
|1.1/2" ||48.26 +- 0.15 ||3.68 + 0.51 ||22.8 ||5.08 + 0.51 ||42.4|
|2" ||60.32 +- 0.15 ||3.01 + 0.51 ||10.3 ||5.54 + 0.66 ||27.6|
Features and Benefits
|Light weight ||Easy to transport, store, handle and install, saves labour.|
|Solvent cement joint ||Quick installation. Saves installation cost.|
|Smooth Bore ||Ensures higher flow compared to G.I. pipeline of the same size. No clogging. Saves operational cost.|
|Corrosion resistance ||Bore diameter remains constant, ensuring constant flow over lifetime.|
|Low Maintenance ||Superior resistance to most of the chemicals, no scaling, makes the system almost maintenance free.|
|Life ||More than 50 years.|
|Cost effective ||Added value for your money|
- Water connections for buildings
- Water distribution systems for bathrooms, washing places such as airports, bus station, railway station etc.
- Solvent cement joint
- Cut the pipe of required length and clean the end
- Chamfer the cut edge on the pipe for easy entry
- Mark the depth of insertion on pipe end
- Roughen the pipe insertion surface (externally) and socket of the fitting (internally) by using emery paper
- Apply a thin coat of PVC solvent cement on the roughened surface with a brush. Avoid excess solvent cement
- Insert the pipe end inside socket fitting fully and turn through 90' for even spreading of solvent cement. Hold the joint for about 3 minutes
- Cure the joint for 24 hrs. for a proper and permanent joint.
Note: PVC fittings with one side threads are available for jointing with other threaded pipes or fittings.
For Thread Jointing
- Clean the Male and Female threads
- Apply Ptfe tape in the direction of the thread tightening
- Hand tighten the threads firmly
- Tighten the joint little more by using pipe wrench. Do not over tighten. Use rubber packing to avoid scratches on pipe.
We are looking for queries from Mumbai, Navi Mumbai & Thane District only.